Skip to main content

FG releases N13bn to NYSC


The Federal Government has released about N13bn to the National Youth Service Corps to assist the agency to pay the outstanding allowances of corps members.
With this development, the NYSC can now proceed with the mobilisation of prospective corps members in the country.
Our correspondent learnt that corps members and the NYSC workers  had been jubilating since the news got to them.
The spokesperson for the NYSC, Mrs. Abosede Aderibigbe, confirmed the release of the N13bn in an interview with The PUNCH on Tuesday in Abuja.
She was reacting to enquiries about the amount following an earlier statement in which the NYSC was commending the Federal Government for “its prompt intervention, approval and release of funds to accommodate the 2016 Batch ‘A’(Stream II) Orientation course.”
She said, “The management of the NYSC also wishes to use this medium to inform and assure prospective corps members, parents, guardians and the general public that the 2016 Batch ‘A’ stream II orientation course holds as scheduled from Saturday, May 21 to Monday, June 6, 2016.”
According to her, the swearing-in ceremony of the 2016 Batch ‘A’ Stream II corps members will hold on Monday, May 23, 2016.
“Prospective corps members are by this notice directed to print their call up letters online. We wish the 2016 Batch ‘A’(Stream II) corps members successful orientation course and service year,” Aderibigbe stated.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Okorocha seeks unity among Igbo traders in Lagos

Ndigbo must understand Nigeria’s politics, he says BY GILBERT EKEZIE Imo State Governor, Owelle Rochas Anayo Okorocha, last Sunday met with leaders of various Igbo trad­ers’ associations in Lagos. The meet­ing held at the Excel Oriental Hotel and Suites, along Airport Road, Mafoluko, Oshodi. The meeting, which came few weeks after the Imo Liaison Office in Lagos organised a well-attended South East Busi­ness and Investment Summit in Lagos, centred on sensitisation, empowerment and development of Igbo traders in Lagos for a better output. Addressing the traders, Okorocha expressed gratitude for the turnout at the forum. The governor regretted, however, that the Igbo, despite their large numbers in Lagos, failed to unite to achieve their objec­tives, especially in the area of influencing some certain decisions in the state for a more conducive business environment. “I am surprised to hear that Ndi...

I made N6m as a fake lawyer

Olawale Falola  | credits: Olufemi Atoyebi A fake lawyer, Olawale Falola, said he made N6m from his victims who he promised to help secure jobs at the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation. Falola, who was nabbed by the Oyo State Police Command during a stop-and-search in Ibadan recently, claimed to be a dropout of a university in Osun State, adding that he had deceived more than 100 people with his fake identity. It was gathered that after seeing a sticker belonging to the Nigeria Bar Association on his windscreen, the police asked him about his identity, but he failed to substantiate his claim of being a lawyer. He said, “I paraded myself as a lawyer and I have taken money from more than 100 people. I promised to get jobs for them at NNPC and security organisations. I have made up to N4m from the practice out of which I bought a Toyota Corolla car. I lived in Osogbo. I came to Ibadan to visit my family when I was arrested by the police.” The car, valued a...

Ballon d’Or 2017 final shortlist- Kante, Aubameyang, De Gea named

Cristiano Ronaldo- current Ballon d’Or holder will be set to defend his title as he was named to the 30-man shortlist alongside the likes of Lionel Messi, Neymar, Luis Suarez, Harry Kane and Robert Lewandowski. Chelsea pair N’Golo Kante and Eden Hazard, Manchester United goalkeeper David de Gea and Manchester City’s Kevin De Bruyne also make the list. Spain’s La Liga leads all leagues with 11 nominees, followed by the Premier League with seven, Serie A with five, Ligue 1 with four and the Bundesliga with three. Real Madrid have by far the most players on the list with seven — Ronaldo, Luka Modric, Marcelo, Sergio Ramos, Toni Kroos, Karim Benzema and Isco. PSG are the only other club with at least three, with Neymar, Edinson Cavani and Kylian Mbappe. Barcelona, Atletico Madrid, Bayern Munich, Chelsea, Juventus, and Liverpool all have two players on the list. Gareth Bale misses out, he has only scored five goals for Real Madrid this year, struggling for form and fitne...